All members will have received an email from the BRS system with details on how to register – please check your spam folder if you haven’t received an email. See how to get started here BRS – Beginners Guide
The tab to book online is available here and also in the drop-down menu immediately above.
Current bookings are for single, two, or three-balls and a maximum of two, nine hole rounds per day. The Chrome browser tends to work best and the app is great for booking on the move. Don’t forget to cancel your tee booking if you decide not to play. The system seems to be working well, so if you are experiencing problems:
- check that your device is up to date, has enough memory and that you have registered with BRS using your Username (up to 5 numbers) and correct password;
- try logging in and out of the webpage/app;
- you could also consider turning your device off and on again (if it is left ‘on’ all the time);
- for members with older devices who cannot work the booking sheet, it is possible for your playing partner to book for you.
- if problems persist with BRS and you are unable to register/book a tee time, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
- the BRS App – short video and instruction is here and our latest guidance is easily accessible here: BRS – Beginners Guide
For members who would like to know more about ‘things digital’ FutureLearn is launching a free course in August (you can sign up now), you can access the sign-up page here Embracing Digital Technology The course covers topics such as:
- Email, social media and research through the effective use of search engines and databases;
- Online collaboration with others – for work, to create digital content, and to communicate with friends and family;
- Plan how digital skills can be integrated into future study, work and life.
HowDidiDo – Mobile Score Input
As a member of Bridge of Alan Golf Club with a club handicap you may register for a HowDidiDo account to access many features related to competitions and handicaps, in particular using the Mobile Score Input option to sign in and submit your competition scores (access can be via the HowDidiDo website or the HowDidiDo app). If you do not have a handicap, you will not be able to register however, you can submit scores towards obtaining your handicap. Take a picture of your scorecard and email it to the respective match secretary (Ladies or Gents) for input and verification.
Why are we doing this?
- To minimise the use of the touch terminal in the Clubhouse to enter scores, as we would prefer not to use them for COVID-19 prevention.
- The Match Secretary will not need to enter every score from every player into the system (reduce cross contamination through card handling) and save hours of effort.
How does it work?
- In a nutshell, you sign in as normal as if you would be in the Clubhouse (on the touch screen) but by using your own device. At the end of your round you enter your score yourself as soon as you finish, using your smartphone.
- If you don’t have a smartphone you can use your Tablet / Laptop or PC as soon as you get home.
How do I access MSI?
- Firstly, you need to be registered on ‘HowDidiDo’.
- You can register for a HowDidIDo account here using the same email address that you use with the Club. It is best to register (or login if you haven’t for a while) via a Laptop/PC browser first of all.
- The system is experiencing many updates and exceptional usage in order to be rolled-out by Friday 26th June, so you might have to try a few attempts.
- You can download the app from your relevant app store.
- Once registered you can Enter a competition and use also Score entry. It can be accessed either via ‘Today’s Golf’ on the mobile ‘HowDidiDo’ app or from a Laptop / PC via a browser at www.howdidido.com. On a Laptop / PC via a web browser it is just the same other than ‘Todays Golf’ is already visible on the menu bar.
A handy guide from a club already using the system explains how to enter your score – HDiD Score Input example
Club Systems video on how to sign in and enter scores (starts at 5.11)