Winter Playing Conditions 2023
The following playing conditions will come into effect as of Monday 23rd October. These are also copied to the notice boards by the back door and will be reinforced by increased signage on the course in coming days. Please can all members abide by these rules in order to protect the course. The rate of grass growth has significantly slowed so any divots that are taken will not recover until the spring.
• Only play to the green which is designated by the flag.
• Tee off from the designated teeing area and use the mats provided where applicable.
• Do NOT play from the fairway. If your ball lands on the fairway you have two options
o Use a mat and play from the spot where your ball finished.
o Move your ball to the intermediate rough (denoted by two bands of cut grass around the fairway) on the side of the fairway nearest your ball and place your ball on the grass no nearer the hole than where the ball came to rest. Play from here and replace all divots.
• In gent’s competitions a player must use one of these options for the entire round. They cannot switch between options on different holes. (i.e., if you use a mat on the 1st hole you must use it for the entire round).
• The ball must be played as it lies throughout the remainder of the course. The use of mats is not permitted except on the fairways and there are no preferred lies in the rough.
• Bunkers remain in play, unless designated as GUR by the greenkeeper, sustain weather damage due to running water, become flooded or are frozen. The player may then lift the ball out of the bunker and drop it at the point outside of the bunker which leaves the point where the ball came to rest between the drop point and the hole. Players should rake the bunker after use.
• There will be a drop zone on either side of the 7th fairway. You may use this, without penalty, if you (and you playing partners) agree that the ball is likely to be in play but you cannot find it.
Please follow these playing conditions in order to ensure we have the course in the best possible condition for the start of next season.
Thank you, on behalf of The Management Committee